Monday, February 21, 2005

What's Wrong With Child Protection?

A few years ago I was a member of the Lt. Governor's Ad-Hoc Committee on Child Buse Issues, formed in response to, and supposedly to stop the death of another child in foster care. I was a member until I offered a report that "told it like it is" about what's wrong with the child protectors and child protection as it is today. From that point on, I couldn't get a straight answer out of anybody about the place and time of any future meeting. I was effectively "bounced" from the committee. Later they released their "report," the child proteftors were given more money, a couple of low-level child protectors were transferred (not fired) and life went on for everybody but the child who dies and the one or ones who will die next year so they can go through this charade again.

No comments: